Beaches in Syros
Ideal for swimming
- Agathopes, organized secular shady beach with an array of water sports.
- Azolimnos, organized shady east sandy beach with restaurants and bars.
- Ambela, South Beach with sand and pebbles.
- Armeos or Pakou beach to the left of the bay Galissas and down the hill of Saint Pakou, beach for nudists.
- Achladi, organized shaded south beach.
- Galissas, the largest and best organized shady beach with an array of water sports on the island.
- Delphini, idyllic west coast with sand and pebbles with restaurant and bar.
- In Ermoupolis, the pebble beaches of Nicholas (in the district Vaporia), “Taliro,” “Vangelidi”, “Kimata”.
- Kini, picturesque sandy beach with breathtaking sunsets, restaurants and bars.
- Kokkina, short windward sand and pebbles in the southwest of the island near Phoenix.
- Komito, windward little shady beach with sand and pebbles.
- Lotos, a small bay with windward shaded sandy beach in the village, 1km south of Kini.
- Megas Gialos, organized beaches with sand and pebbles with small quiet shady creeks.
- Megali Agkali, a deserted beach or island donkey Lantern (ancient twin) opposite Ermoupolis, access is possible only by boat.
- Delagratsia, organized a small popular beach with sand and pebbles.
- Santorinioi, a small secluded quiet beach with sand and pebbles in the south of the island.
- Fabrika, small secluded quiet beach with sand and pebbles in the south of the island.
- Phinikas, well organized southwest sand and pebbles. Taverns, bars and well-equipped yacht haven.
- Fokiotrypes, small deserted rocky beach. Access from the beach Azolimnos is a path to progress for 15 minutes.
Northwest Beaches – access by boat or hiking with an organized, essential guide, from Ano Mera: Varvarousa, Aetos, Lia, Grammata, Megas Lakos, Marmari.